2. Sauerkrout was renamed Liberty Cabbage during WW1 in the United States due to Anti-German sentiment.
4. The Anglo-Zanzibar War lasted 38-45 minutes.
5. The American National Anthem, The Star Spangled Banner, has 3 extra stanzas that aren't sung. The German National Anthem is somewhat similar.
7. 24 Elements are man-made (out of 118). More could be possible.
9. Taiwan has border disputes with many countries that it doesn't border (being an island), since it claims the entirety of the Qing Dynasty.
10. The size of TVs is determined by their length diagonally (is this common knowledge?)
11. Wilmer McLean fled his home which was near the Battle of Bull Run, to escape the fighting as the American Civil War started. However, the surrender at Appomattox Courthouse, considered the end of the war, happened in his parlor.
12. 117,000,000,000 humans have ever lived. That's 117 billion.
For example, the Mexican National Anthem original lyrics had 10 stanzas and a chorus sung between each stanza, at the beginning and at the end of the anthem.
In 1943, it got shortened to four stanzas (I, V, VI and X), as the other ones made reference to Antonio López de Santa Anna and Agustín de Iturbide, controversial figures in the modern Mexican history.
This was made official until 1984, so technically speaking, the anthem is now made of 4 stanzas and a chorus (sung 5 times).
However, nowadays, in nearly every event, you would only hear the first stanza and the chorus (sung twice). Only official events use the four-stanza anthem.
Decimation originally meant killing every tenth person but now more means large destruction.
There is only 2 official Jewish jurisdictions in the world, one being Israel and the other being the Jewish Autonomous Oblast which has a 1% Jewish population.
The Russian Army has their own beauty pageant named "Miss Russian Army"
Kasongo Ilunga was supposedly the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the DRC for 4 months despite not being real, this damaged the reputation of the government as this happened the first democratic election in over 40 years.
The Roman Empire possibly had an embassy to China
The shape of the toothpaste commonly seen on toothpaste packaging is called a "nurdle". Companies have even been doing lawsuits over it.
In some coasts, we can see the sunrise on the beach but not the sunset (example: US east coast). While on some other coasts, we can see sunset on the beach but not sunrise, (US west coast).
But is there a country in the world which has a coastline, but cannot see sunset or sunrise in the beach?
Yes there is, Bosnia and Herzegovina only has a 20 km coastline.
The horizon from this coast is covered by a Croatian island, making it impossible to see sunset or sunrise in the beach from Bosnia, even though it has a coastline.
There are now no more camels in Canada.
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2023
| Go To Top
| View Mobile Site