LOOK AT THE TITLE.
Otis Redding wrote Respect.
Drop bears are the ones killing 10,000 people every year!
One of the big swears is an acronym of fornication under consent (of the) King.
Hospital = house of sick people in trauma and labour.
Load of rubbish. My general rule for these things is if someone claims a word is an acronym 9/10 times it is not.
SCUBA--Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
SONAR--SOund Navigation And Ranging
RADAR--RAdio Detection And Ranging
LASER--Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
DELMARVA Peninsula--DELaware, MARyland, VirginiA
CARE (package)--Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe
TASER--Thomas A. Swift's Electronic Rifle
I can't wait to show it to my arrogant coworkers, who always contradict me!
1) Lol far from it.
2) 1 A.D. Like it or not, that's how the calendar was defined a long time ago, there is no year 0...
3) Venus is hotter because of its extreme atmosphere.
4) It's technical, but the pope is only infallible when he speaks of faith and morals.
5) Nope, massive increase.
6) Otis Redding
8) San Francisco 1940
11) New Jersey
12) Mohandas. Mahatma is a title.
13) Well, while I do actually think that Shakespeare was the pen name of somebody, it was certainly not those two.
14) Those words are from Shakespeare.
15) Lol, no. Do some really believe that? It's an old celtic holiday.
16) US, desert.
18) That's imaginative, but I don't think so ^^.
19) Much older, not an alternative at all.
20) It comes from dutch.
I think 9 is because the song was written by Prince originally.
For number 10, I know they went for more of a herd immunity approach, but I don't think they had the highest COVID death rate.
For number 17, it's basically just a rumour someone started at some point: Snopes article
Number 10, I think the worst death rate is in Czechia, but I don't know where to check for 2020 only. Anyways, Sweden is not the worst.
The Pope is only infallible when he speaks "ex cathedra" - and there are a whole set of criteria to be met for a proclamation to be considered "ex cathedra". In fact, in the whole History of the Papacy, these criteria have only been met by two proclamations: on the Immaculate Conception in 1870, and on the Assumption of Mary in 1950. On everything else, Popes are potentially wrong. Of course, they're also wrong in these two instances, but then again, I'm not a catholic, so what do I care...
Happy April Fools Day!!! 🤣🤥
- my favourite one of those!
And yeah, like someone else said, you always learn stuff from these. I thought ring-a-roses was a bubonic plague thing.
This is 100% factual.
allegedly, the term marijuana was invented as a part of the 'war on drugs' to make it sound mexican and inspire people to eschew the drug due to xenophobia
I always type an "incorrect" answer or two, because I forget about typing the "correct" answer.
It makes me realize how many old wives' tales/rumors are out there.
The comment section.
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2023
| Go To Top
| View Mobile Site