but on the other hand, Charlemagne is never called Charles the Great, Suleiman the Magnificent is not Solomon, Francisco Franco is not called Francis, Louis does not become Lewis, and Kaiser Wilhelm is not Cesar/Emperor William.
There's no rule about this it's just convention.
Wolsey just doesn't look English to me
- City that was briefly the capital of China in 1927
- Historical and geographical region in Romania
- European term for the Caribbean archipelagos "discovered" by Columbus
- Valley in southern Jordan where several prehistoric civilizations left their marks
- Islamic reform movement from the 18th century still practiced today
- Landmark or area protected by UNESCO
- Of the original seven, only the pyramids of Giza are left
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2024
| Go To Top
| View Mobile Site