Good idea to add the note at the bottom, especially for the A's and the Cardinals. In the case of the Athletics, it makes the quiz much more difficult!
nevermind I looked it up.
While the Colts' NFL history officially began in 1953, their lineage, albeit threadbare at points, can be traced back to the Dayton Triangles of the inaugural 1920 season.
* 1920-29 Dayton Triangles
* 1930-43 Brooklyn Dodgers
* 1944 Brooklyn Tigers
* 1945 Brooklyn Tigers & Boston Yanks merge.
* 1946 Brooklyn's franchise revoked and Tigers' players assigned to the Boston Yanks.
* 1947-48 Boston Yanks
* 1949 New York Bulldogs - Owner wants to move to NY, so for tax reasons, Yanks fold and NFL gives him the new New York franchise, using the same players.
* 1950-51 New York Yanks
* 1952 Dallas Texans - with 5 games remaining in season, franchise turned over to NFL.
* 1953 Baltimore Colts added using Dallas Texans' assets & many of their players.
He taught me and my 2 older brothers to play. I was a switch-hitting center-fielder just like my dad, and was almost as fast as him. Almost.
Needless to say, watching "Field of Dreams" absolutely ruins me. :-)
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2022
Contact Us | Go To Top | View Mobile Site