All Featured Quizzes
New and Reset
Create / Edit Quiz
New Text Quiz
New Picture Quiz
New Click Quiz
New Click Map Quiz
New Multiple Choice
New Tile Select
Data and Charts
Recent User Blogs
Blogs by Tag
Badges and Games
Terms of Service
Around the World in Eighty Questions
Test your knowledge with these 80 questions about the world around us!
Last updated: October 2, 2023
You have not attempted this quiz yet.
More quiz info >>
April 5, 2018
Report this quiz
Quiz and answer stats >>
Friends stats >>
/ 80 guessed
The quiz is paused. You have
This beats or equals
% of test takers
also scored 100%
The average score is
Your high score is
Your fastest time is
more stats >>
friends stats >>
Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats ...
1. How many states or territories are there in Australia?
2. What is the capital of Papua New Guinea?
3. In which language is Singapore's national anthem sung?
4. Which Asian country is named the "most bombed country?"
5. Which country borders the one above as well as the South China Sea?
6. What is the most widely spoken language in Taiwan?
7. The island Honshu is a part of which country?
8. Only 4 000 - 5 000 tourists visit this country each year
9. The world's longest railway can be found in _______
10. What kind of leopard is native to Mongolia?
11. Kazakhstan is home to which famous fictitious character?
12. In which Indian city would you find the Taj Mahal?
13. The capital of Afghanistan is ________
14. In Iran they speak ______
15. Where would you find the tallest building in the world?
16. Golda Meir was the 3rd woman in history to serve as a prime minster. Which country did she serve?
17. This west Asian (Eurasian) nation became a F1 Grand Prix host in 2017
18. In which city can the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque) be found?
19. Where is Όχι (Ohi) Day celebrated?
Greece (and Cyprus)
20.Which country is the only one in Europe to not have changed its name since being established?
21. Which country's wine is banned in Russia?
22. What is the native name of Finland's language?
23. By the end of the 14th century, _________ was the largest country in Europe
24. Which city is the second-biggest in Sweden?
25. What currency is used in the Czech Republic?
26. George Ezra sang about this lovely Hungarian city:
27. Country nicknamed "The Heart-Shaped Land"
Bosnia and Herzegovina
28. Which European capital translates to "The loved one" in the country's native language?
29. The residents of this country are known as the "Sammarinese"
30. The oldest amusement park still in operation is in this country:
31. What is the national language of Luxembourg?
32. In which country might you greet someone by saying "Dia dhuit?"
Ireland (and the UK)
33. What currency was used in France prior to 2002?
The French Franc
34. Which language is Maltese closely related to?
35. What is the national language of Andorra?
36. What's the name of the mountain range separating Spain and France?
The Pyrenees Mountain Range
37. Moroccan city which is also a movie title:
38. Which country is divided into the Barlavento and Sotavento islands?
39. Which west-African country is completely surrounded by another, except for its coastline?
40. What language is spoken in Guinea?
41. In what year did Côte d’Ivoire gain its independence from France?
42. Burkina Faso's main export is what?
43. ‘L’Aube Nouvelle’ is the national anthem of which nation?
44. Which African country is famous for being a Star Wars filming destination?
45. The ancient civilizations of this nation worshipped over 1400 Gods and Goddesses:
46. Chad is the largest _____-_____ country in Africa:
47. Eritrea has over 350 ______.
48. What is the capital of Somalia?
49. What currency is used in Kenya?
50. What animal is depicted on Uganda's flag?
A Grey-Crowned Crane
51. Which country is the second-largest in Africa based on land area?
Democratic Republic of the Congo
52. Africa's highest point, Kilimanjaro, lies in which country?
53. Where is Moroni the capital?
54. Madagascar is the biggest producer of what spice? (Hint: It's sweet)
55. A fifth of Malawi is .......what?
56. Zambia is home to which waterfall?
57. Which desert covers 80% of Botswana?
58. Which country is the last "absolute" monarchy left in Africa?
59. The southern most land-locked country in the world:
60. Oil and ________ are the primary sources of income for Angola
61. What language is spoken in São Tomé and Príncipe?
62. Sierra Leone is home to how many different ethnic groups?
63. Portugal claimed this country's land in the year 1500
64. In this country, cows outnumber people 3 to 1
65. The name Argentina comes from the latin word for ________
66. What animal do people in Bolivia dress up as while helping children across roads?
67. Peru is the world's second largest producer of which drug?
68. What is Ecuador named after?
69. ________ is the smallest country in South America
70.Which country is the only English speaking nation in South America?
71. What accounts for 80% of Venezuela's exports?
72. What is Grenada's nickname?
The Spice Island
73. Which Caribbean nation is Roseau the capital of?
74. Which country is the most mountainous of the Caribbean?
75. In 1988, Jamaica was the first tropical country to send what kind of team to the Winter Olympics?
76. What is the national sport of Nicaragua?
77. The most densely populated country in the Americas:
78. What is the national symbol of Mexico?
79. 4th largest country in the world base on land area:
80. The longest street can be found in this country:
Apr 5, 2018
Love it. You may have made a mistake on the Moroni question.
Apr 5, 2018
Thank you! Whoops, must have made a mistake when organising that question. Thanks for pointing it out, I've made changes to it and now we just have to wait for approval :)
May 14, 2021
Just over half of them correct! 41/80.
Oct 1, 2023
Swaziland is now Eswatini. Please make the change.
Oct 1, 2023
You never precised if we should write the city or the country's name for the Burj Khalifa question, and given that most the answers are countries, maybe accept UAE as a typein
Oct 1, 2023
Please accept "Cabo Verde".
Oct 1, 2023
Allowed ‘crane’ for grey-crowned crane, but not allowed ‘eagle’ for golden eagle?
Oct 2, 2023
Fun quiz, but a lot of the questions have multiple possible answers. For example, when you ask what language is spoken in Guinea, there are many languages spoken there. Eritrea has more than 350 islands, but also people, soldiers, cell phones, etc.
New and Popular
Countries of the World Quiz
US States Quiz
Random Capital to Country
Countries by Borders in 90 Seconds
Europe Map Quiz
U.S. Presidents Quiz
All Country Flags of the World
Fast Typing A to Z
U.S. States by First Two Letters in 30 Seconds
Most Popular NBA Jerseys
South America Map Quiz
Countries that Start with M
Countries that Start with K
Countries that Start with I
Fast Typing Test - 100 WPM Challenge
Save Your Progress
Similar Quizzes by Tag
Geography General Knowledge
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2023
Go To Top
View Mobile Site