This quiz is now out of date, as Jetpunk has updated their map of the world. This new map has some significant changes, and new islands have been added (including the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Faroe Islands, etc.)
I will update this quiz in future, but it may take a while to adapt, and some islands may have been cut too. If I feel like it, I may also make individual quizzes for different continents.
I feel that the title suggests the later, so if I think of a better way to phrase the title then I chill change it.
Thanks to whomever spotlighted this!
What are the requirements for making this list?
Seems like there are some larger islands then some of the one's that are included. October Revolution for one.
- Admiralty, North Stradbroke, and Terschelling are misspelled.
- "Ghadex" is either Gozo or Ghawdex. Both should probably count.
- Sherbro's location is incorrect.
- Char Fasson is a borough, the island is Bhola
- North Salawati is a borough, the island is Salawati
- No reference to Basse-Ob or Lembien anywhere online. Lembien should probably be Pantar, which is the island in that location. No idea what Basse-Ob should be, it's unnamed on most sources.
- Malevu is a town on Naviti Island. Malevu Island is elsewhere.
- Isla Salas is a very random island in its location, and Kvaloya is a very prominent island that is missing.
- Afua seems to be referred to as Caviana in most sources.
I will certainly come back to this comment when I update the quiz. I cannot promise when that will be, since a lot of islands were added in Jetpunk's new (now two years old) map of the world. I will be sure to look at more maps than just Google Maps to double check, also :)
Could you please also accept "Funen" for "Fyn"? It's the englisch name for the island (see Wikipedia).
Only suggestion is changing the name of "Ghadex" to their
"Gozo" (English name) or "Għawdex" (Maltese name) and accepting all of these as type-ins.
Never seen it called Ghadex.
Thanks for playing :)
I'm absolutely glad to see you're going to update it as the map has changed. But I've also seen your comment saying that some islands may have been cut. :(
Is there a chance you can get a map with as many as possible? I mean there IS another quiz similar to yours on Jetpunk, with quite an overlap, but there are at least 150 islands which are different. (There is a lot of other information in that quiz, though, so even though there is an overlap, it's worth playing both.)
It would be great to have a quiz with all the islands... I guess that's an immense lot of work.
If somebody someday is willing to make this kind of quiz, but with the same map scambigol used, then surely that will be the perfect islands quiz.
I have faith that the quiz will happen at some point, because there are many hardworking quizmakers on Jetpunk, but the problem is that island quizzes are underrated on this site compared with city, region or even languages quizzes.
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2022
Contact Us | Go To Top | View Mobile Site