We just ride the euphemism treadmill powered by our smooth, smooth brains
"Angelsberg is a Luxemburg town of some 300 people. Somehow it logged 37.0 million views in two months in 2015. That year it was second only to the Main page in the number of views"
1. Views: 60.4 m. Location: North America. City: New York City
2. Views: 51.0 m. Location: Europe. City: London
3. Views: 48.3 m. Location: Southeast Asia. City: Singapore
4. Views: 44.0 m. Location: Luxembourg, Europe. Village: Anglesberg (if you got this first time you were so cheating)
5. Views: 37.2 m. Location: Far East. CIty: Hong Kong.
There is comparatively little tourist traffic in Africa.
Please bear in mind this is a suggestion that I have not researched :)
There's well-known cities in Mexico, like Tijuana, but no one wants to go to Mexico. Then.. the Panama Canal, which probably doesn't make most top-ten vacation lists. Unsafe Bogota, overpopulated metropolises/slums in Brazil, failed Argentina, boring Chile.
Machu Picchu looks pretty, safe, and impressive. It's also fun to say / easy to remember. Maybe an argument can be made for Cusco, or Tikal, but they're less familiar, and who cares when there's Machu Picchu.
I guess the Caribbean also comes up, but cities aren't really relevant in such small countries - on a world stage. Aside from maybe Havana, which most people have probably seen on TV, and how many people really want to spend money + time to see 70 year old American cars while rolling the dice on getting diarrhea.
Copyright H Brothers Inc, 2008–2023
| Go To Top
| View Mobile Site