thumbnail

Andorra True or False?

Can you guess whether these statements about the country of Andorra are true or false?
Also try the San Marino one.
Quiz by baptistegorce
Rate:
Last updated: February 22, 2021
First submittedFebruary 22, 2021
Times taken146
Average score73.3%
Report this quizReport
4:00
The quiz is paused. You have remaining.
Scoring
You scored / = %
This beats or equals % of test takers also scored 100%
The average score is
Your high score is
Your fastest time is
Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats ...
1. Andorra is the smallest country in Europe.
True
False
Monaco, Vatican City, San Marino,... are smaller.
2. Andorra is located in the Alps.
True
False
In the Pyrenees.
3. Catalan is the official language in Andorra.
True
False
And it's the only country in this case.
4. Andorra currency is euro.
True
False
However it's not a EU member.
5. is the Andoran flag.
True
False
It's the Moldovan one (also similar to the Chadian and Romanian ones).
6. Andorra is totally surrounded by Spain.
True
False
Andorra is landlocked between France and Spain.
7. Andorra has the highest cigarettes consumption per capita.
True
False
With more than 6,300 cigarettes per year per capita.
8. Almost 1/10 of the Andorran territory has UNESCO World Heritage status.
True
False
Precisely 9%.
9. Andorra has an airport on its territory.
True
False
Perpignan or Carcassonne ones are the closest (around 100 km).
10. Andorra took part in the Spanish revolution, in 1936.
True
False
To be sure of the Andoran neutrality in this conflict, France occupied the Andoran territory from 1936 to 1940.
11. Andorra once hosted Winter Olympic Games.
True
False
12. Unfortunately, Andorra has a very high unemployment rate.
True
False
It's only 1-2%.
13. Andorra has been created by Charlemagne.
True
False
14. Andorra elects its President every five years.
True
False
Andorra is a co-principality (the two co-princes are the French President and the Bishop of Urgell).
15. With its low population, Andorra has a very high rate of Nobel Prize Laureates per capita.
True
False
Andorra actually has never had any Nobel Prize Laureates.
+2
Level 46
Feb 22, 2021
great quiz
+1
Level 50
Feb 22, 2021
Thank you very much! Glad you liked it.
+3
Level 74
Feb 22, 2021
Thanks. Some very interesting facts in there. I calculate that the number of cigarettes smoked in Andorra is the equivalent of 87.6% of the ("adult") population smoking 20 a day, assuming that the remaining 12.4% are non-smokers. That is an astonishingly high rate of tobacco consumption. It also suggests that the population of Andorra is astonishingly stupid. Wikipedia gives a similar figure for Luxembourg but then it drops by more than a half for third-placed Belarus.
+2
Level 50
Feb 22, 2021
Wow! Andoran are crazy...! Thanks a lot for these amazing stats!