A Collection of Random But Interesting Facts!
Last updated: Saturday April 10th, 2021
Report this blog
Have you ever wondered about just totally random and useless facts? Well, I have a LOT. I have put together a group of about 20 random facts I would like to share with you all. Enjoy! :)
1. The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer, due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy, and take up more space.
2. Avocadoes are a fruit, not a vegetable.
3. When tomatoes are eaten raw, they are fruit. When they are cooked, they are considered to be a vegetable.
3. Big Ben's clock stopped at 10:07 p.m. on 27 May 2005 due to the intense heat of 31.8 degrees Celsius. It was quickly put back into action.
4. Florida is roughly the same latitude as Cairo in Egypt showing that the United States far colder than most countries.
5. The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia”.
6. The only letter that doesn’t appear on the periodic table is J.
7. Back when dinosaurs existed, there used to be volcanoes that were erupting on the moon.
8. In 2006, a Coca-Cola employee offered to sell Coca-Cola secrets to Pepsi. Pepsi responded by notifying Coca-Cola.
9. A single strand of Spaghetti is called a “Spaghetto”.
10. If you point your car keys to your head, it increases the remote’s signal range.
11. Iceland still does not have a railway system.
12. At birth, a baby panda is smaller than a mouse.
13. Most Mongolian people do not have a clear place of residents. Most of them are Nomads which means that they set up camp temporarily and after some time, they pack up and find set up camp somewhere else.
14. The world’s largest grand piano was built by a 15-year-old.
15. Australia is closer to Papua New Guinea than its identical twin, New Zealand.
16. The largest Japanese population outside of Japan stands at 1.6 million people who live in Brazil.
17. Karachi has more people living in it than Israel, Palau, Nauru, and Cape Verde combined.
18. In 2009, Stephen Hawking held a reception for time travellers but didn’t publicize it until after. This way, only those who time travel would be able to attend. Nobody else attended.
19. In El Salvador, the average murder rate is 19 people per day. If there is a day without a single murder, there is always a celebration.
20. The average American child is given $3.70 per tooth that falls out.
That was a collection of 20 random and interesting facts I put together. I hope you learnt something new or maybe just found a fact humorous. Nonetheless, I enjoyed putting these together and I hope you enjoyed reading them. This is still only my second Blog so let me know what you think and if you would like more blogs in the future. Have a good day and BYE!!
52° 12' 21” N, 0° 7' 4.7” E