Basics of a city #3 - Dubrovnik
First published: Saturday July 3rd, 2021
Basics of a city - Dubrovnik
Brought to you by MrBLOGGER
Although it may be small, Dubrovnik is like a little gem tucked near the Adriatic sea. Rooted in ancient culture, this city you will encounter is one of the nicest of its kind. There are countless restaurants, bridges, coasts and interesting places here. It was founded under the protection of the Byzantine Empire and soon became a trade port. Many tourists visit the place each year. The people here in this small city have sure something to brag about!
Area: 0.37 sq miles
Time zone: UTC +2 CEST
Highest elevation: 837 feet
Founded: 7th century
Government type: Mayor-Council
Mayor: Mato Franković
Patron saint: St.Blaise
Nicknames: Pearl of the Adriatic, Thesaurum mundi
1. The only person to have had a statue raised in their honor by Dubrovnik was a sailor name Miho.
2. Dubrovnik actually had a kingdom during the time of the United States, and was one of the first to recognize the United States.
3. Just like the Greek Illyrians, Dubrovnik has its own humanistic story of its history and origin, named Raguseida
4. Dubrovnik has nice and mighty walls around parts of its city.
5. On the Italian island of Sicily exists a city with the same Italian name as Dubrovnik – Ragusa
VOTE: What do you want me to do next? Type your option number in the comments.
1. Your doing just fine! Continue this series, as I am really enjoying it and learning.
2. Eh...you could do this, but I really like your All about series (takes more time, but better...i guess)
3. Do a mix of everything you have done...like Jetpunk theories, record blogs, etc.
4. Stop what you are doing and quit blogging
YOUR FEEDBACK HELPS