JetPunk Word Search Returns!
First published: Saturday April 1st, 2023
JetPunk's most popular minigame has returned after a 2-month hiatus. However, it is no longer a new daily puzzle only available for 24 hours. In fact, ALL previous puzzles have been exposed and made available!
After its removal, it became very clear to me just how much people loved JetPunk's Word Searches.
Prior to the end, it was becoming too much work to upkeep daily.
Really, something had to change if things were going to continue, and so they have.
I have decided to bring back every single word search!
Like quizzes, puzzles can now be played, replayed, stats can be seen and more!
Features which were not seen previously have been added, including statistics on puzzles!
One other feature added is the ability to replay puzzles, another which was not possible before.
Opening back up allows people to play at their pace, rather than feeling bad for missing a day.
Lastly, I will be creating new puzzles, but they will take the form of a new "Mega" each week.
So, read the full list of changes below and let me know what you think!
Full Change List
- All 365 previous puzzles have been brought back, under Regular and Mega pages.
- All previous scores have been retained, however the stats of all puzzles had to start from fresh due to various technical reasons (the data of which words people guessed was lost). This means once you take a puzzle the first time, your new score will take precedent. Old scores will always be available from each puzzle's stats page.
- Every weekday a randomly-selected "regular" puzzle will be put on the front page in the old spot. This means, if you wish, you can continue your daily schedule of playing puzzles!
- Every weekend, a brand new Mega puzzle will be scheduled on the front page. This means you will be getting new content still, but only weekly. Saturday and Sunday will show the same Mega puzzle, so there's no rush to complete it!
- These new puzzles, once created, will also be available from index pages as well.
- At the end of a puzzle, you are now shown post-game statistics (similar to quizzes), this will allow you to more easily compare yourself to the global audience.
- You can also visit the stats page of any single puzzle by clicking on the chart icon, this will show you the global statistics as well as your personal ones.
- At the bottom of your user profile is your summary statistics showing how many words you found, total puzzles played, unique completed to 100% etc. An example is shown at the bottom of my profile: Stewart's User Profile.
I really hope everybody enjoys the return of JetPunk Word Search. It took a lot of work to make it happen, and I hope it was worth it!
Feel free to leave comments and feedback here if you wish. And no, comments will not be enabled on puzzle pages still.