Word Search Round-Up - December 2022
First published: Sunday January 1st, 2023
Summary of Changes
While no new features were introduced this month, we do have some rather sad news regarding the future of JetPunk Daily Word Search. See the end of the blog for more information.
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|321||Sunday||World Cup 2022|
During December we had 24 custom themes, the most ever in a single month, thanks to all your suggestions on the previous blog!
My personal favourites this month were World Cup 2022 (since it contained every team in the finals) and also Elements as I was surprised the theme was never done yet!
- All 30 word searches were played over 100,000 times in total.
- Logged-in users represent 58.2% of those takes.
- 83.9% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 74.2% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was Languages on December 19th, with 98.2% of people completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday December 24th with 16.3% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was Christmas Movies on Thursday December 22nd with 45.1% completion rate.
- Over 22,000 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 349 people attempted the word search every single day in December!
- Over 3,900 people played at least 7 of the word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day was, as usual, dominated by Liam with 19 wins. Modestus was in second with 3 wins.
- The fastest word search completed first was by Liam with just 42 seconds on December 26th! (Boxing).
- The slowest first-completion was December 25th, being one of the largest Saturday grids. It took AnEverydayNerd8 7 minutes and 28 seconds to complete.
- 42 users achieved 100% in every grid of December.
- The most-taken word search this month was #315 on December 12th California) with over 4,200 takes!
One Year Later...
We are soon approaching the 1 year anniversary of JetPunk Daily Word Search. When this endeavour began, with the very first puzzle on February 1st 2022, I did not expect it to perform so well and gain such a following. However, having now been taken over 1 million times, it is time for change.
I can confirm, that the final "normal" word search ever will occur on January 26th, being puzzle #360. Then, January 27th to January 31st will contain puzzles #361 to #365 (marking 1 year) which will be "mega" grids with 50+ words to find (or so).
Then, after January 31st, JWS will end and no longer be available. There will be no future word search after this. The primary decision fuelling this is the fact that creating a word search every day has become too much of a burden on me, and it cannot continue much longer without taking its toll.
After January 31st, there will be the usual "round-up" blog and then a special blog afterwards with stats for the whole year of word search. Including a leaderboard of the top users, as well as users that attempted every single word search. If you have specific stats you would like to see on this, please let me know.
I am sorry it is coming to an end, but I hope you can understand.