Word Search Round-Up - January 2023
First published: Thursday February 2nd, 2023
Summary of Changes
As announced in the previous blog, JetPunk's Daily Word Search has now retired after 1 year. Please read the previous blog for details.
This Round-Up will focus on January, another blog will come out in a few days highlighting the achievements of JetPunk's most popular minigame over its whole year.
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|339||Thursday||U.S. State Flags|
|356||Sunday||JetPunk Top 20|
|Mega #1||Friday||Mega Animals|
|Mega #2||Saturday||Mega Countries|
|Mega #3||Sunday||Mega Pokémon|
|Mega #4||Monday||Mega Words|
|Mega #5||Tuesday||Mega U.S. States|
During January we had 22 custom themes.
My personal favourites this month were Prefixes, that was definitely a fun one to make and take. I also enjoyed the Megas as a unique challenge. The Minecraft Blocks picture quiz was also great too.
- All 31 word searches were played over 110,000 times in total.
- Logged-in users represent 59.0% of those takes.
- 83.6% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 77.0% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was an unthemed "easy Monday" on January 9th, with 98.9% of people completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday January 21st with 21.9% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was JetPunk Top 20 on January 22nd with 41.6% completion rate.
- Over 22,700 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 361 people attempted the word search every single day in January!
- Over 4,500 people played at least 7 of the word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day was, as usual, dominated by Liam with 16 wins. A new competitor joined the race this month, with DrWhoFanJ achieving second place with 4 wins.
- The fastest word search completed first was by Liam with an insanely snappy 23 seconds on January 9th! (unthemed Easy Monday).
- The slowest (non-Mega) first-completion was January 15th, being a large Sunday grid with the theme "Prefixes". It took Liam 9 minutes and 12 seconds to complete.
- 87 users achieved 100% in every grid of January. (Very impressive given the Megas)
- The most-taken word search this month was #315 on January 19th (Emoji) with over 4,400 takes!
- The five Mega grids were taken over 16,000 times in total, with Mega Animals having the most takes. Seemingly the easiest was Mega U.S. States with 76.6% of takes at 100%, and Mega Countries, with its 90 countries, having 55%. It also took Liam (yet again) over 26 minutes to complete Mega Countries, being the biggest of the Megas!