Word Search Round-Up - March 2022
First published: Friday April 1st, 2022
Summary of Changes
No substantial changes happened this month, other than including the Theme as part of the Share message.
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|43||Tuesday||U.S. States Capitals|
Over the month we've had 18 custom themes, and they've cropped up on every day except Saturday (of course). I must say, I have very much enjoyed gathering a variety of themes, and it has been challenging to find words after settling on a theme even.
My favourites from this past month have been Flying Things, Titanic and probably Bones. Not sure why, but I found these the most satisfying to research and create!
Spoiler Alert: I have already prepared the grids for the next few days, and there's some exciting themes coming up!
This month we see the return of quickfire stats, these are short bursts of facts to get your tastebuds tingling!
- All 31 word searches were played over 90,000 times in total.
- Logged-in users represent 64.0% of those takes.
- 87.1% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 84.0% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was Pi Day on March 14th, with 98.9% of takes completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday March 12th with just 11.1% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was Sunday March 13th, with 44.4% completion.
- Over 19,000 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 249 people have completed the word search every single day in March!
- Over 3,500 people have played at least 7 word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day has been dominated by two different people this month, in particular Liam who has come first 6 times, and also rg1227 who has come first 5 times.
- 27 users achieved 100% in every grid of March.
- The most-taken word search so far was #57 (Rivers) with over 3,500 takes!
Community's Choice - How It Works
Now comes to the Community's Choice for Word Search, which will work exactly the same as last month. I have copied the introduction again for those that missed it before:
The idea is to allow the community some involvement in the minigames, with the choice of a theme for one word search each month. Here's how it'll work.
At the end of every month, inside the monthly round-up blog I will include a vote for a theme on the next month's word search. Specifically, you will be voting on the theme for the second Friday of each month, in this case that's April 8th. I will present 4 different options, with some ideas for each option, you will be able to vote on these ideas in the comments (by liking the relevant comment) and then after 3 days of the blog being live, I will close voting and announce (in this blog) the winning theme.
Note: Once chosen, the theme cannot be changed, and the other themes are discarded, never to be seen again (for at least 6 months)! So choose wisely! :)
Community's Choice - April 2022
Below are the 4 choices this month. Choices 1 and 4 were suggested by specific members of the community. Please don't spam suggestions to me, I will ask 2 people of my choosing on JetPunk to suggest a theme each month. (Which also means don't ask to be selected - then I will definitely not pick you).
You can vote for these themes by "liking" the relevant comment pinned below.
Voting is now closed. The winning theme was Orange Things!