Word Search Round-Up - May 2022
First published: Wednesday June 1st, 2022
Summary of Changes
No changes this month.
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|107||Wednesday||Words with "I" as the only vowel|
During May we've had 19 custom themes, introducing the first ever themed Saturday as well! (Sorry not sorry). We also had "Theme Week" where every puzzle was themed, from #105 to #111.
My favourites from May were King Arthur, 1960s and Minecraft. Lot's of good themes though!
- All 31 word searches were played over 100,000 times in total, a new record!
- Logged-in users represent 59.9% of those takes.
- 86.3% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 83.8% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was Trees on May 16th, with 98.9% of people completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday May 21st with 17.0% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was Sunday May 8th, with 47.9% completion.
- Over 22,500 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 238 people attempted the word search every single day in May!
- Over 4,000 people have played at least 7 word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day was dominated once again by Liam who has came first 15 times, almost half of them! Also saffroncat managed to sneak ahead of Liam 7 times.
- 36 users achieved 100% in every grid of May.
- The most-taken word search so far was #99 on May 10th (Capital Cities) with over 4,000 takes!
Community's Choice - How It Works
Now comes to the Community's Choice for Word Search, which will work exactly the same as before. I have copied the introduction again for those that missed it before:
The idea is to allow the community some involvement in the minigames, with the choice of a theme for one word search each month. Here's how it'll work.
At the end of every month, inside the monthly round-up blog I will include a vote for a theme on the next month's word search. Specifically, you will be voting on the theme for the second Friday of each month, in this case that's June 10th. I will present 4 different options, with some ideas for each option, you will be able to vote on these ideas in the comments (by liking the relevant comment) and then after 3 days of the blog being live, I will close voting and announce (in this blog) the winning theme.
Note: Once chosen, the theme cannot be changed, and the other themes are discarded, never to be seen again (for at least 6 months)! So choose wisely! :)
Community's Choice - June 2022
Below are the 4 choices this month. Choices 1 and 3 were suggested by specific members of the community. Please don't spam suggestions to me, I will ask 2 people of my choosing on JetPunk to suggest a theme each month. (Which also means don't ask to be selected - then I will definitely not pick you).
You can vote for these themes by "liking" the relevant comment pinned below.
Voting has now closed, and the winner was Brazil with 22 votes.