Word Search Round-Up - October 2022
First published: Thursday November 3rd, 2022
Summary of Changes
The only change this month was the introduction of the Give-Up button for Thursday puzzles, since they are by-far the hardest after Saturday puzzles.
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|254||Wednesday||Words Starting With 'D'|
During October we had 23 custom themes. I believe this might be a new monthly record!
My personal favourites this month were Bones, Pixar Characters and Middle Earth.
- All 31 word searches were played over 96,000 times in total.
- Logged-in users represent 58.5% of those takes.
- 82.4% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 77.1% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was Chess on October 10th, with 97.6% of people completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday October 29th with 20.7% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was Landmarks on Thursday October 20th with 44.7% completion rate.
- Over 20,500 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 347 people attempted the word search every single day in October!
- Over 3,700 people played at least 7 of the word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day was once again dominated by Liam with 20 wins. muskox was in second with 5 wins.
- The fastest word search completed first was by Liam with just 69 seconds on October 10th! (Chess).
- The slowest first-completion was, surprisingly, on October 2nd with 'Play' Languages. It took Insaniot over 6 minutes to complete - and yet he still beat everybody else!
- 63 users achieved 100% in every grid of October.
- The most-taken word search this month was #267 on October 25th (Empires) with over 3,750 takes!
Community's Choice - November 2022
Community Choice in November will be taking a twist!
Due to time constraints my side, I did not have time to ask people beforehand, so now's your chance to shine!
Suggest a theme below in the comments, those with the most likes will become themes in November!
Remember, usual rules apply that it can't be a theme already done recently. Also MAXIMUM 1 PER PERSON. If you want to change your suggestion, please delete your previous suggestion first!
Voting will be done entirely via comment likes. At 6pm UK Time on November 6th, voting will close and I will note here the winning themes. At least 1 theme will win, but if there are more I like that won, I may choose more.
Also remember, they do not need to be Friday themes. You can suggest Geography for Tuesday, Word-based for Wednesday, Picture-based for Thursday or even Clue-based for Sunday!
Voting has now closed. Here are all the votes received!
As you can see from the votes above, many great ideas were received. Thank you all for participating. I can now confirm the selected themes, all of which had 5 votes or more, are:
- (8 votes) Country Flags - Thursday 10th November suggested by Vicky
- (5 votes) Authors by Book - Sunday 13th November suggested by Ravisseur
- (6 votes) City by Satellite - Thursday 17th November suggested by cuotak
- (6 votes) Super Smash Bros. - Friday 18th November suggested by baptistegorce
- (5 votes) Dog Breeds - Thursday 24th November suggested by DogDeeDer
- (6 votes) Indian Cuisine - Monday 28th November suggested by Aficionado