Word Search Round-Up - September 2022
First published: Saturday October 1st, 2022
Summary of Changes
Themes This Month
Below is a list of all the custom themes this month, outside of the normal expected ones (e.g. generic Geography and Saturday countries etc...)
|226||Wednesday||VCVCV (V=Vowel, C=Consonant)|
|232||Tuesday||States of India|
|233||Wednesday||_ _ M _ _|
|234||Thursday||Cheese (by Simon1006)|
|242||Friday||The Lion King|
During September we had 19 custom themes. This included the custom cheesy puzzle from Simon, as well as a new Sunday variant: "Alphabetical".
My personal favourites this month were The Arctic, Cake and The Lion King
- All 30 word searches were played over 89,000 times in total.
- Logged-in users represent 59.4% of those takes.
- 81.3% of takes were submitted before the end of the day.
- 78.3% of takes achieved 100% status.
- The easiest grid was Cake on September 19th, with 98.4% of people completing the grid.
- Similarly the hardest grid was Saturday September 24th with 15.6% completion rate.
- The hardest non-Saturday grid was Cheese on Thursday September 22nd with 21.7% completion rate.
- Over 19,000 unique people played a single word search this month.
- 350 people attempted the word search every single day in September!
- Over 3,500 people played at least 7 of the word searches.
- The first person to complete the word search each day was once again dominated by Liam with 14 wins. cathlete was in second with 5 wins.
- The fastest word search completed first was by Liam with just 67 seconds on September 19th! (Cake).
- The slowest first-completion was, of course, on September 22nd with Cheese. It took henryjake121 over 11 minutes to complete - and yet he still beat everybody else!
- 45 users achieved 100% in every grid of September.
- The most-taken word search this month was #239 on September 27th (Geography) with over 3,500 takes!
Community's Choice - How It Works
Now comes to the Community's Choice for Word Search, which will work slightly differently this month. While maintaining the idea of community involvement in the minigame, we're also going for redemption.
This month, you will be presented with two ideas from two separate users. Both of these were previous Community Choice's (over 6 months ago) which failed to make the cut. There will also be TWO winners, one from each user!
The winning themes will take place on October 14th and October 21st.
Note: Once chosen, the theme cannot be changed, and the other themes are discarded, never to be seen again (for at least 6 months)! So choose wisely! :)
Community's Choice - October 2022
Below are the 4 choices this month. All 4 choices were suggested by specific members of the community (read the paragraph above). Please don't spam suggestions to me, I will ask 2 people of my choosing on JetPunk to suggest a theme each month. (Which also means don't ask to be selected - then I will definitely not pick you).
You can vote for these themes by "liking" the relevant comment pinned below.
Suggestions by baptistegorce:
Suggestions by Iluvbread123:
Voting has now closed.
Remember, TWO themes will win this month, one from baptiste (1) and one from bread (2).
The first winner is Middle Earth (14 votes), this will take place October 14th and Chinese Cuisine, the second winner, on October 21st (17 votes).
In the spirit of looking back on old themes, October will be throwback month. In this month we revisit old themes, and shed them in a new light. So if you missed the themes of February, March and April, prepare to experience some of them in October!